School uniform plays a valuable role in contributing to the ethos of a school and setting an appropriate tone.
Our school uniform is as follows:
- Skirt - Grey / Black
- Trousers / shorts - Grey / Black
- Sweatshirts - Green (available with academy logo)
- Cardigan - Green (available with academy logo)
- Polo shirt - White (available with academy logo)
- Blouse/shirt - White
- Gingham summer dress - Green/White
- Shoes - Black, flat (Trainers may be worn if they are black without logos)
- T-shirt - Red, blue, green or yellow (according to house)
- Shorts - Black (without logos)
- Indoor footwear - Plimsolls / bare feet
- Outdoor footwear - Trainers (separate to school shoes)
- Outdoor - Tracksuits / jogging trousers may be worn in cold weather
- Sweatshirts, Cardigans, Polo T-shirts and PE T-shirts and shorts can be bought from Uniform Direct.
All children with shoulder length, or longer, hair (girls and boys) must have it tied back.
The school will not accept any ‘extreme’ hairstyles. This includes: Mohicans, shapes/logos shaved into, or sprayed onto the hair and coloured/bleached hair. Minimum clippered hair length is a No. 2. Any hair accessories should be in school colours and of a modest size.
Face and Body Decoration
Children are not permitted to wear make-up or nail varnish to school. Where children have used temporary tattoos which are visible when wearing their uniform or PE kit, these should be washed off before attending school.
Jewellery and Watches
Children may wear inexpensive watches. Small neutral studs may be worn by children with pierced ears (one in each ear). Staff will not assist children in removing or putting in earrings but they must be removed or covered with medical tape before PE. We request that where possible any new ear-piercing be arranged for the beginning of the summer holidays to enable ear-rings to be removed for PE by September. No other jewellery should be worn in school.